Sunday 25 February 2007

Irrational fears.

I was browsing the internet and came across this very interesting site about phobias.
http://www.hypnotherapykettering.co.uk/Pages/Phobia%20Description.htm#C
It has a complete alphabetical list of descriptions of different fears and the correct name for the phobia. Some amusing phobias include:

1: fear of Peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth- Arachibutyrophobia.

2: fear of being Tickled by feathers or feathers- Pteronophobia.

3: fear of Washing- Ablutophobia. I think my Oscar has this one!

4: fear of Knees- Genuphobia.

However, I do hope that nobody who reads my site has Aclurophobia, also known as Ailurophobia, Elurophobia, Felinophobia, Galeophobia, or Gatophobia. Fear of cats.

Please have a look at the site and let me know A what you think and B which phobia you have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Paddy- I have got Automysophobia
which is a fear of being dirty!

and Hydrophobophobia which is a (very understandable) fear of rabies. To add to the list is
Lepraphobia (fear of leprosy)

but most of all its my
Ligyrophobia that gets me everytime!

Anonymous said...

Hello Paddy. I have Foamringoshooterphobia. I am a little scared of this space shooter that mummy has. I like to chase the foam rings but when Daddy comes round he likes to shoot me with it and it makes a noise. Mummy suggests I have laurentiophobia. Apparently she also suffers from that as well. Mummy says she misses you and your mummy.

Biggles said...

Hallo Gay, biggles hear. yes, yoo is ver pritty in der pickshers. oh yoo no wen yoo say yoo is der only gay in der village, i's bin meening to arsk yoo; wots' a village?

best wishis yore top cat frend biggles.