Saturday 19 May 2007

Paddy’s outing.

Today I had my yearly outing to see the vet for my injections. I knew someth8ing was happening when mummy locked the cat flap and brought my box in from the shed. Recently it has been Lola who has been to the vet more often than me so I was pleased that it was my turn. I was really hopeful that the vet would take my temperature.

Anyway, I went in the yellow car. Usually I am allowed to sit on mummy’s lap in the car but for some reason I wasn’t today. I had a plan though and howled and squawked annoyingly until she couldn’t take it any more and let me sit on her. I still whined a bit until we got really near the vet and I then started purring.

There was a really noisy scary dog in the vets, I didn’t like him and got sweaty paws because I was nervous. The vet was very nice but was not as competent as using his computer as me! He gave me two injections, I was very brave and did not cry. He didn’t take my temperature though and I was really disappointed about that. He looked in my mouth and said that I have plaque on my teeth and gingivitis and ulcers and need dental treatment. This means I will have to go back and stay in for the day. That will be nice. Mummy wasn’t too impressed though as apparently when she phoned the tesco they said that I’m not insured for dental treatment so it will cost her a lot of money. She was pleased that I haven’t put on too much weight from eating at the neighbour’s house though. I am really cross about this issue, I think mummy has told them not to feed me because every time I go into the house they pick the food bowls up and I sit and growl at them, but they still won’t feed me!

4 comments:

Biggles said...

Gosh, yore mum doo let yoo sit on her lap in der car on der whey too der vests, I is orlweighs put in a basket box thingy. I duz not like going to der vet even tho uncle josh is fantastic nice. We duz not have injeckshons every year cos my payrents reckon its not werth it and we is helthy and never go aweigh - maybee they is cheap skates.

Ver sorry bout der teeth and gums thingy; thats' won of the reasons we eat mr hills science cos it orlso keeps hour teeth nice and clean and our gums, and it may help lolas smelly bottom thingy. good luck with it tho, they may get the big soldier in, general anaesthetic. my dad larff and larff that it not cuvered, when we woz on DBI (dogs bollox innit) insurance we seemed to be cuvvered for nuffink and cos runty woz orlways getting sick we found that only her tail (wot she bites) and her runty ears woz cuvvered - oh, and maybe her legs. we is now on diffrent inshoorance but they is orl greedy barstards sez my dad and do'nt give a toss bout the animals.
My dad is going to email yore uther mum bout the linky thing cos i cant' werk it out (thats oskers starff wot fall over when not drunk, so she say, tee hee).
but the close, thats' very interesting, roads wot go know-ware, so wot i live on is corled an open? yes?
bout cutting things off the peeple your mum tries to werk on, my dad sez oh do'nt get me started. he wonce did sum teeching of little children and he kept saying that we ort to bring back human sacrifice in relly-john cos he nose lots of littel children wot wood be perfect for the honnor of being sacrificed. he then told this to sumwon wot dun lots of teaching and she just sed; "cull". with yore not nice peeple my dad suggests beeing nice at ferst and just cutting of there balls, there tung and there hands to start with. do'nt forget, he say, that the you-jay-nicks moovment of 100 years ago was a moovement of progressives and sow-shall-ists.
PS tell yore mum that banging head on brick worl is not ver plesant. biggles.

Anonymous said...

Hi Padster
I am jealous. I am looking forward to going back to the vet once I am nearly three in July but I am not allowed to go on my own. Dennace and Pixie have to come with me. an that is not fair because they are young-only nearly one at the end of this month.
Denny nearly killed Staff last night-he put his paw on her windpipe when she was asleep. but she woke up!
hope you are well. i am now going to go to sleep in my place.
Oscar

Biggles said...

paddy, if yore mum sea osker cos his mum is aweigh, say hallo from me. my pay-rents woz going aweigh two this weak but my mum got sick larst wensday and is still sick. runty is keeping her cumpany and my dad is dooing a bit four her. she is cross cos i is not visiting her much in bed and she wonts too no wye. yore wise frend biggles.

Mermaid of Moorgate said...

Hullo Paddy. I need kitten comfort. My arm is sore, bloody and bruised - yes, bruised from Monty B. DEspite all the toys, playtime, cuddles and boiled chicken.
I also can no longer speak english, my neighbour is trying to steal Monty and I am generally in a funk about life.
in other news, I ate icecream today. Do you like ice-cream? I bet you would