Tuesday 26 June 2007

There is much rain.

I can’t believe it, every time I have left the house in the past couple of weeks it has been raining and raining some more. Is this the return of the 40 days and 40 nights of rain? Will we have to build an ark for me and my fellow cats to travel in?

I went to the vet yesterday to get my teeth cleaned and de-scaled. I had an anaesthetic and lots of fuss from the nurses which I enjoyed very much. I didn’t like the not eating the night before though but that goes without saying.

Mummy was supposed to collect me at 6 20 yesterday afternoon but did not get to the vet until almost 8 o’clock, the weather meaning that it took her nearly 3 hours to get 6 miles in other mummy’s yellow car! It then took for ever to get home and we had to drive through a river in the road. There is a canal near where I live which goes through many streets and houses and it had overflowed into the road. there was a car floating down the road and people were being evacuated. All roads to Wakefield were closed so there really was no proper way in!

I had to be dropped off at Oscar’s house so that mummy and other mummy could wade round the street to check that pixie and Lola were okay. Neither of the houses were flooded and all cats were okay but it was just so so wet! I am clad I don’t live in Sheffield and I really hope it stops raining soon.

Mummy couldn’t get to work today because there were no trains she was stranded at home!

2 comments:

Biggles said...

deer oh deer, pady, i has been thinking of yoo in der north about the whether and orl the reign. we has had quite alot of reign hear two but not as much as yoo. I hope yoo and yore mummies is orl orl-rite. your frend biggles.
i think we has the reign - cos peeple say about the other queen, long may she reign. maybee its cos of orl queens and gays in the villij.

Anonymous said...

hello Paddy
we have a bird infestation too. we know about the one that your mummy had to clear up. then there was one yesterday which was under the radiator and had a big floppy head. and this morning Staff was cleaning and found a bit of bird in her work bag. She says she may be too traumatised to ever do any work again.
I have a new place. it is way up high so the birdies can't get to me. i would advise you to find a similar place.
your Oscar x